How to use Instagram Live | A Step-by-Step Guide
Going live on Instagram is a great way to engage with your audience in real time, with the ability to adapt based on their comments. If you're not quite sure how to go live, here's a step by step guide of how the functionality works:
- Load your Instagram app, and make sure you are logged in to the correct account.
- Go to your feed and swipe the screen from left to right to open the camera screen.
- Along the bottom of the screen are your options for filming and taking a picture, so you can swipe to navigate to live. On this screen you can pick a filter, and also swap which camera you're using if you're filming in selfie mode or something in front of you.
- Press Start Live Video, which will give you a three second countdown. Instagram will send notifications to any of your followers who haven't turned off that setting, or any others they choose to exclude.
- Once your live video ends, by clicking the End button in the top right hand corner, Instagram will give you the option to Share the live video to your Stories for 24 hours.
- You can also save the video in the top right hand corner.