Brainstorming content ideas that suit your brand personality
One of the biggest struggles brands often have with creating content is idea generation. Once you have the idea, it might be easy to create, or might challenge your team, but that's the fun part. Here is a list of questions you can ask yourself to generate some ideas:
- Do you have a new product or service to show off?
- Do you have an upcoming product or service ready to launch that you want to give sneak peeks on?
- Do you want to showcase your staff with a short bio?
- Do you want to show your customers a look around your office?
- Is there a holiday coming up that you could chat about in a fun way that relates to something you offer?
- Has an influencer talked about your products or services recently that you could show off?
- Would you like to publish a customer review or testimonial?
- Do you have something you could give away in a contest?
- Do you have an event coming up?
- Have you just had an event?
- Is there a special tip or trick you could provide?
Any of the above questions could stimulate a blog post, a newsletter, a video, a photo, a collage, or a series of images, which could then be put on any of your platforms.
Next, check the ideas suit your brand. Here is a short checklist before you start creating the content:
- Will it sit nicely next to your other content on your social media platforms and website?
- Is there a way you can connect this to your brand personality?
- Will this push your brand personality in the right direction?
Right before you decide the content is ready to publish, take yourself through the checklist again in case it has deviated from the plan while you or your team created it. If you're super proud of it, push it out everywhere and shout about it. Then evaluate what sort of engagement the content generated, and pivot if you need to to be able to keep improving.